Associate Professor of Mathematics
Office: F-137, Moench Hall
Phone: (812) 877-8473
Department of Mathematics
Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology
Terre Haute, IN 47803
My schedule is on-line. I have pages for several of my classes.
I am an associate professor of mathematics at Rose-Hulman. I grew up in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, graduated from Hawthorne Jr. High, from Wauwatosa West High School in 1980, got my B.A. in Mathematics and Astronomy-Physics from The University of Wisconsin in 1984 and my Ph.D. from the University of Michigan in 1990.
My research interest is in diophantine equations, most recently dealing with Pell-type equations, and in restricted partition functions.
During the Fall term I taught MA111, and MA371.
During Winter term I taught MA113.
During the Spring term I am teaching MA190 and MA381
I spent academic year 1997-8 on sabbatical at Penn State University (where I had an office In McAllister Hall with windows!) did some work on partition functions and used this as a basis to get some ideas for the NSF-REU program that I worked in the summers of 1999 and 2001.
During the summer of 2022 I was at RSI– 2022. My e-mail address there is email@example.com.
Other Interesting? Sites
- An ARML home page The real ARML home page Indiana ARML history page Indiana ARML page
- Information about the Rose-Hulman High School Math Contest
- Terre Haute area Mathematical Problem Solving for High School students
- Indiana Section of the MAA ICMC winners
- The Retrosheet Web Page
- The home page for The Society for American Baseball Research (SABR)
- Other Baseball related stuff.
- Terre Haute Choral Society Information
- stuff friends might be marginally interested in.
- useless data that I’ve compiled
- Rose-Hulman’s Alfred R. Schmidt Freshman Mathematics Competition
- Back to the Mathematics Department Home Page. The old Mathematics Department Home Page.
- A Rose-Hulman campus map
Events Schedule for Rose-Hulman students
| Alfred R. Schmidt
Freshman Mathematics Competition
|September, 2022||September, 2023|
|Virginia Tech Math Contest||October, 2022||October, 2023|
|High School Mathematics Contest||Saturday, November 12, 2022||Saturday, November 11, 2023|
|Putnam Competition||Saturday, December 3, 2022||Saturday, December 2, 2023|
|Mathematical Contest in Modeling||February, 2023||February, 2024|
|Regional MATHCOUNTS Competition||February 4, 2017||February, 2024|
|State MATHCOUNTS Competition||at Purdue||March, 2024|
|Indiana College Math Competition||IN MAA meeting,
March 31, 2023
|Spring Indiana MAA meeting,
|Undergraduate Mathematics Conference||April 21-22, 2023||April, 2024|
Physics and Optical Engineering Mechanical Humanities and Social Science Environmental Eng. Management Electrical/Computer Computer Science and Software Civil Chemistry Chemical Army ROTC Applied Biology and Biomedical